Our 2015 default theme is clean, blog-focused, and designed for clarity. Twenty Fifteen’s simple, straightforward typography is readable on a wide variety of screen sizes, and suitable for multiple languages. We designed it using a mobile-first approach, meaning your content takes center-stage, regardless of whether your visitors arrive by smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer.
- Responsive Layout
- Custom Colors
- Custom Header
- Social Links
- Menu Description
- Post Formats
- The GPL v2.0 or later license. Use it to make something cool.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change the color scheme?
You can change the colors of your site really easily using Twenty Fifteen.
- In your admin panel, go to Appearance -> Customize.
- Now you will see the Customizer and a tab called ‘Colors’. Click this tab.
- You can now change your color scheme by selecting one of the predefined ones. Choose a color scheme you want from Base Color Scheme dropdown. You can preview the change in the Customizer.
- Should you wish to create your own color scheme or modify an existing one, you can by selecting the colors for each area listed.
- Once you are happy with your color changes you can click save and your changes will be reflected on your live site.
How do I add the social links to the sidebar?
Twenty Fifteen allows you display links to your social media profiles, like Twitter and Facebook, with icons.
- Create a new Custom Menu, and assign it to the Social Links Menu location.
- Add links to each of your social services using the Links panel.
- Icons for your social links will automatically appear if it’s available.
Available icons: (Linking to any of the following sites will automatically display its icon in your social menu).
- Email (mailto: links)
- RSS Feed (urls with /feed/)
How do I add a description for my menu link in navigation?
Twenty Fifteen allows you to not only show a menu link title but also add a description for each menu item.
- Visit the Menus page in your admin.
- Use the Screen Options tab to “Show advanced menu properties”.
- Select “Description” there to start editing menu descriptions.
- Select the menu you want to add links and descriptions to.
- When in the Menu Structure section, you can click open the link and add a description.
- Once you save the menu with your link, the new description should show up.
- The main content width is
- The sidebar width is
- Featured Images are
825px wide by